We have faced an unprecedented situation in the form of COVID-19 in 2020. Life as we know it has changed completely. It has had far-reaching effects for everyone. The pressures of daily life have just been exacerbated. Mental health has gained much importance due to lockdowns imposed in various countries at various times. Addressing mental health in a post-COVID-19 world has become of utmost importance. The silver lining is that you can address and improve your emotional and mental health is possible right from the comfort of your home.
There are apps which cover the different areas of mental health
- A complete ecosystem with content and experts
- Mindfulness and Meditation
- Gamified platforms
- AI chatbot based therapy
We will list out the best apps in the mentioned categories-
Full ecosystem-based apps:
These are apps that are sort of a complete package for mental health. A complete ecosystem means they have good enough original content, activities, media, maybe AI or other deep technologies at play and they also provide access to professionals like psychologists, psychiatrists, etc through the platform. The best apps in this category are –
- Aurum has excellent self-help programs for stress, anxiety, and relationships. They also have a lot of guided audio-based activities. The best part – you get access to a professional psychologist with unlimited chat and optional audio/video sessions. It’s a recently launched app that has gained a quite good traction.
- Wysa which is primarily a chatbot. The chatbot in itself is quite good and can help you with the basic stuff. They also give you access to a therapist should you want it. They too have a lot of good activities to listen to relax
These are apps that focus purely on imparting quality therapy. They don’t focus much on the content or other things. The best ones are –
- Talkspace which is one of the most popular apps in the States. They have a big panel of professionals and have partnered with a lot of health and insurance providers. So if you are in the West, this is a pretty good option.
- Betterhelp which again has lots of therapists and psychologists on the platform. They have been around for a while now and have figured out how to give a good therapy experience.
These apps focus on creating and promoting content in the form of in-app engagements, information, programs, etc.
- Moodpath which focuses on depression and anxiety and has structured content specialized for the same. If you are looking at getting help for one of these things this is a very good app.
- Sanvello which was previously named Pacifica. It’s one of the most popular apps based on CBT which has a lot of simple and easy content to reframe your thoughts and see how it can improve your thoughts.
These apps have created a gamified approach for activities for addressing your mental health.
- Happify is a game-based app where you select positive thoughts and pick out your biases.
These are the AI chatbot based apps. You will actually be talking to a program but the beneficial thing is you have someone to talk to whenever you want.
- Wysa has one of the best AI bots for mental health.
- Your has a clean sleek UI with a good bot that keeps you engaged.
So these are the top apps that you can download now to improve your mental health and get therapy or access to psychologists or content or AI. The apps are all good in their own way and any one of these would be quite useful for anyone looking for the best apps for therapy, depression management, anxiety, etc. You can try a couple and settle in on the one which makes you feel most comfortable. Eventually, you have to take control of your mental health.