There are many conditions when you feel that there is pain in your shoulder. But you simply avoid it. You cannot take a risk with your shoulder. Maybe today it is light but who knows down the lane it becomes a big issue for you?
It is important to know that your shoulder is composed of three bones: your upper arm bone (humerus), the shoulder blade (scapula), and even that of your collarbone (clavicle). Of course, if you have extreme pain in your shoulder then you can undergo shoulder arthroscopy and you will get relief from your shoulder pain and limitations.
Causes of shoulder pains
Most of the shoulder problems only impact a small area and should stay a relatively short time. But sometimes the issue in your shoulder could be part of a huger , long-term condition like that of , osteoarthritis or even that of polymyalgia rheumatica. It’s somewhat common for people with rheumatoid arthritis to experience pain and swelling in their shoulders. It is true that osteoarthritis is less probable to affect your shoulders than other joints, if you’ve injured them in the past. There are manifold other possible causes of shoulder pain, such as:
- Inflammation, it is the condition when your shoulder becomes hot, red, swollen and even that of painful as a natural reaction to an infection or wound.
- Damage to the muscles and tendons around your shoulder
- Tension in the muscles between your neck and shoulder . It is a condition that is mostly down to your posture in your upper back or even neck, and is sometimes even linked the way you stand or sit when you use a computer or at work
- Inflammation in your bursa – a fluid-filled cushion that generally helps the muscles and tendons slide properly over the shoulder bones
- Harm to the bones and cartilage. Well, it is can be caused by arthritis.
- You must know that there is also a possibility that the pain you experience in your shoulder is coming from an issue in another part of your body, like your neck.
Issues with your neck can make your shoulder blade or upper outer arm really painful. When this happens, it is known as referred pain or even radiated pain. In case you are feeling a tingling sensation in your hand or arm, as well as some sort of pain in your shoulder, it is probable to be from an issue in your neck.
Should you see a doctor?
Unless you have got a serious injury or get a sudden, constant pain, you can usually treat your shoulder pain in the absence of having to see your doctor. In case after two weeks of treating yourself, you experience that the pain has not been any better you should see your doctor or a physiotherapist right away. The point is professionals do know about the shoulder pain treatment that can heal your shoulder and ensure that you get full movement of your shoulder and no pain.
So, since you know much about shoulder pain and how you may get rid of it, make sure that you do not overlook it.